It's that time again! The snow is melting, the days are longer and it's time to freshen up your home. Spring cleaning is no one's favorite task, but it's time clean those areas of your home that have been neglected. Here is a simple checklist of items to start with:
SPRING CLEANING LIST:
1. Remove all expired food from your pantry, fridge and freezer. When you're finished, wipe down the shelves and drawers inside.
2. Sort through your clothes. If it hasn't been worn in a year then it is time to donate them. Yes, that includes shoes and purses! Consider having a garage sale!
3. Clean windows, inside and out.
4. Go through your children's toys, (and your own) books, movies and magazines. Donate things that are old or aren't your favorite. Consider having a garage sale!
5. Clean drapes and curtains.
6. Dust your book cases and shelves. Remove items first!
7. Vacuum and shampoo rugs.
8. Ensure fire safety by changing batteries in smoke and CO2 detectors (2 times a year).
9. Clean upholstered furniture. Beat the dust out of cushions outside then clean the space under the seat's cushions with a vacuum hose.
10. Take a rest! Open the windows! You're finished for today.