Let's look at the pros and cons.
1. Potential damage. Fluffy likes to sniff, climb, roll in mud, chew, dig, explore, and may have occasional accidents.
2. Noise nuisance. Dogs bark. They bark at squirrels, the neighbors, the dishwasher, the mailman.
3. Dander and allergies. (Roughly 10% of American are allergic to household animals).
However, there are many positives to allowing pets at your rental property.
1. More applicants. (As stated, 68% of families have a cat or dog. Not allowing Fluffy into your house is limiting your tenant pool by astonishing amounts).
2. Additional Income. You can charge a additional deposits and rent to ensure any damages are covered.